Alpha Hexagon Rainmeter Skin – Works with Latest Version of Rainmeter.
Alpha Hexagon is a Rainmeter ‘Launcher’ skin.
What you should know
– Icons fade to color when you mouse over them and back to gray when you leave them. This can be turned off so that they are permanently colored.
– Of course, all the tiles can be dragged around freely.
– Tiles can be refreshed by middle-clicking them. (pressing the mouse wheel down)
– Tiles snap to an invisible grid when refreshed. This can also be turned off.
– You can drag and drop a file on a tile, which moves the file to the corresponding folder, including the Recycle Bin and Dropbox. (if you have the client)
– There is a ‘Music Control’ which consists of 3 tiles to control your music. (Previous, Play/Pause, Next)
– Settings can be changed in AlphaHexagonResourcessettings.inc
– AlphaHexagonWallpaperWallpaper.ini automatically sets the included wallpaper depending on the resolution of your screen. You can load or unload it depending on if you want this behavior.
– Some tiles will have a wrong filepath or no filepath at all. You will need to change/add it manually.
Recommendations to make it look best (in Windows 10)
– Change Taskbar to Light
Settings > Personalisation > Colours > Choose color ‘Light’
Or as I prefer it
Choose color ‘Custom’, Windows mode ‘Light’, App mode ‘Dark’
– Turn off Desktop Icons
As this skin is meant to replace your desktop icons, here is how to turn them off
Right-click on Desktop > View > Uncheck ‘Show desktop icons’
Alternatively, you can delete them or move them somewhere else. To get rid of the Recycle Bin
Settings > Personalisation > on the left ‘Themes’ > Under Related Settings ‘Desktop icon settings’ > Uncheck ‘Recycle Bin’
– Change scaling on High-DPI Screens
For High-DPI Screens (usually laptops) Windows 10 tells the programs to scale the content so it isn’t so small. Rainmeter doesn’t deal properly with it which makes everything look blurry. If you use a High-DPI Screen, I recommend turning this off for Rainmeter.
First, you need to locate Rainmeter on your PC. Usually at C:Program FilesRainmeter
Richt-click Rainmeter.exe > Properties > ‘Compatibility’ tab > ‘Change high DPI settings’ > at the bottom check ‘Override …’ > Choose ‘Application’
Features of Alpha Hexagon Rainmeter Skin
- Minimal Clock Design
- CPU Usage and monitoring
- Connected Drives
- Weather and Date
- App Drawer (icons separate)
Additionally, you have all these features at your disposal for ease of use on your desktop. It works with most operating systems including Windows/MAC/Linux. This sleek and modern design is meant to impress your viewing experience of how you use your desktop. it’s not just a theme, it’s how you manage your computer with a great visual appearance. Using Rainmeter themes you can customize your desktop to any shape and size. You can keep multiple themes that you like and simply switch them when you are tired of the active skin.
Rainmeter is a desktop customization tool for Windows that allows you to modify the look and feel of your Windows desktop. Using Rainmeter you can modify the desktop so that it uses various themes, skins, and can add applets that float freely on the desktop.
Rainmeter’s first Initial release date was February 22, 2001, and is released under the GNU GPL V2 license. The Rainmeter project was originally founded by Kimmo ‘Rainy’ Pekkola.
CNET Gave Rainmeter a 4/5 star rating which was praised due to the software’s flexibility. wide variety of themes and “enthusiastic community”.
Softpedia gave Rainmeter a 4/5 star rating, citing its comprehensive tutorials and low system resource usage.
Alpha Hexagon Rainmeter Skin has been supported by
Over 8K views, 242 favs, and 5K downloads!